Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh, what a tangled web we weave...for those adults going backing to school

Adulthood, Mommyhood, and Higher Learning...Oh My!

"Why can't we all just get along?" I'm sure that saying rings a bell...if it doesn't, then please reach out to the surface, get a whiff of the fresh smog and get rid of the rock you've been hiding under.

I am sick of people thinking I am insane for trying to continue my education. Last time I checked even King Lear learned a few things before he died (thanks Shakespeare ::wink::). I understand the older generation did not have the ease of juggling marriage, motherhood and college and that's why it seems humanly impossible to do. But as a firm believer of future-oriented positivism, spiked with a little Type-A, I think it's a great cocktail for reaching my goal.

For those of us going back to school for whatever the reason...hey, I get it and I get YOU. People tend to say "Sh*t happens" I like to think of it as: "Life happens." There's nothing wrong with learning and expanding your knowledge. There's nothing wrong with juggling different hats.

I am a mother, wife and a scholar...but guess what...life happened and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. Life experience is a wonderful thing, it makes us stronger and wiser but a deep scholarly experience helps you identify and analyze life experience in ways un-imaginable. Someone once told me, "they can strip you of everything, but they can't take away your knowledge."

Don't be afraid to follow your dreams, don't be afraid to attain the things that society tells you can't reach. As long as one has faith and a drive you can accomplish things...push yourself, and don't listen to those that knock you down and make you feel inferior.

I am writing this to reify my dreams, to bring myself back into perspective of things and to get the ball rolling on making a difference in my life. I hope it helps someone, anyone out there who's doubting themselves and doesn't feel worthy of being able to do something different.

This economy isn't giving us much of a choice but to go back to school. I just hope that I can eventually find a job and keep my head on straight in order to keep things moving...the reality of it is that I may have to start from the bottom again; there's no harm in humbling oneself to get where you want to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb664l74aGI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922d9qNXBmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM4XLc1oXvY

No comments:

Post a Comment